The Regenerative Medicine Institute, PLLC (RMI), was created to bring modern regenerative techniques to the masses in the Spokane metro area. Its original incarnation was as the North Idaho Pain Clinic, PLLC, which operated successfully for 3 years, until it was moved to Medical Lake, WA where there was better infrastructure to perform the activities we specialize in. North Idaho Pain Clinic, PLLC was successful in performing injection therapies on hundreds of individuals, without incidence or complications.
While approximately 65% of our practice has to do with knee associated conditions, we treat a wide variety of disorders successfully. These include, but are not limited to:
- Shoulder Pain
- Hip Pain
- Foot and Ankle Pain
- Bulging Discs
- Spinal Arthritis
- Scar Tissue
Our treating provider in Medical Lake is Dr. Christopher Wellwood, a Registered Nurse and Chiropractic Physician. As a licensed Chiropractic Physician in Idaho, he has performed approximately 4000 individual injections. While he is also licensed in Washington as a Chiropractic Physician, he performs all of his treatments under his Registered Nursing license, under general medical supervision.
Dr. Wellwood is highly trained, having obtained certifications that few other DC’s have in the US, among them is graduating Cum Laude from National University of Health Sciences, with a Masters degree in Advanced Clinical Practice. This program was a major undertaking, and to date, roughly 60 individual DC’s have ever achieved it in the USA. In addition, he holds certification in Botox as well as Medical Ozone Injections (commonly known as Prolozone).
Being classically trained in mainstream medical treatments as well as alternative and complimentary medicine, he has the unique ability to look at a problem from many different angles and apply a unique treatment, specifically designed for that individual. His bedside manner will put you at rest and he will take the time to educate you on your condition so that you understand your options for treatment.
“What I do everyday is help people live a better life. I provide a service which may seem miraculous. It may seem magical. Or, it may see unbelievable. Regardless, the effects can be amazing and are often life-changing. My focus has always been to treat people as individuals. Whether your goal is to be able to walk enough to get the mail in the evening, or to be able to play with your kids or grandkids…we may just have a solution for you.”
Christopher Wellwood, RN, DC, MS Education:
- Doctor of Chiropractic, University of Western States
- Master of Science, Advanced Clinical Practice, National University of Health Sciences
- Internal Disorders/Family Practice, Lincoln College, Lombard, IL
- Functional Neurology, Carrick Brain Institute
- Bachelors of Biology, Central Washington University
- Associates of Science, Nursing, Institute for Healthcare Professions, West Palm Beach, FL
- Associates of Arts and Science, Clark College
- Medical Ozone and IV Therapies: O3 Medical, Advanced Certification
- Botox Certification, Empire Medical Training
- Neural Prolotherapy / Perineural Injection Therapy, John Lyftogt Seminars
- MBA Courswork, Webster University
Professional Affiliations and Memberships
- Washington State Nursing Association
- American Nurses Association
- Washington Chiropractic Association
- American Chiropractic Association
- Council on Diagnosis and Internal Disorders, B/E Chiropractic Internist
Wellwood, C., Rardin, S. (2014, June) Adrenal and Thyroid Supplementation Outperforms Nutritional Supplementation and Medications for Autoimmune Thyroiditis. Integrative Medicine: A Clinician’s Journal. 41-47.
Prolozone & Regenerative Medicine: The Future Is Here. Booklet. 2016. Regenerative Medicine Institute, pllc.
Modern Regenerative Medicine: A Beginners Guide. Book. Pre-Publication. June 2016. Regenerative Medicine Institute, pllc.
Dr. Wellwood is a devoted and doting father of 4 beautiful children, ages 3.5 to 16. He is married to Candie, a registered nurse, and together they enjoy traveling and creating new memories.